Thursday, August 31, 2006

we were and you are and I was
and standing there
where did it go
the brick side of it,
sitting there against the building
when we smoked,
you see our hands?
And hiding them,
The trails of smoke giving us away
In crisp night air, tale end of summertime
Sweet apple kisses
And sips of vodka we stole
Your mother, my brother
Someones car
Those boys
Names forgotten, written there against the wall
Our hands so tights
You and I and me and you
Smoking late into the darkness
Music like a memory
And I am here, so many years
And we are there, like touchstone
Fading
What we did when we did those things,
Against the side of old brick buildings
A million days ago

What we were thinking I’ll never know
It never seems that long ago
And yet sitting here, against the window
Children play, they grow, they learn
I barely know the two inside
This tiny little piece of past,
This yesterday of you, of me
Against a building built and brick,
A thousand years ago

(yuck!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home