Tuesday, October 31, 2006

There is a translucence to it
The quality of air
And rare
The genius of your moment
As breathless you encompass me,
Creating in your silence my reality
Moment to moment
And we are
The sisterhood here
You and I of the secret rooms
When we held each other
Against lightening
The arguments, words like daggers
Yours to me and theirs, one to another
How childlike we were, as children
Fearing for what we did not understand
And tears we held in
Afraid of what might come
If release we allowed
Even once
And you encased
In stereotypical precision
Ivory piano keys, you roll your manicure across the silent
Landscape of them,
Mock the clumsiness of bitten nails,
My hard worn artists hands
And wonder as the silvered speech flows from my
Mouth
How I can still find the lies
That fall so well
But I wonder how you look so, the cotton candy
Confection of your perfection . . .
When we are together, you a half, I the other
It is no wonder
We were melded, you and i
And now we’ve only to find the lightening bolt to draw
Us back
To where we first began

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that bolt don't never come twice. lightning is like mediocre sex in that sense.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home